Who is eligible to apply to CBS courses?
The Programs are aimed at all young graduates who are desirous of specializing in the respective areas of Management, as well as young executives working in various organizations who wish to qualify themselves with an additional certification in Management. (For the PG Program in IT Management, candidates must be Engineering graduates with prior experience in software development)
How do I apply to CBS?
Chennai Business School now has a Fast Track Online Application. The digital application is a quick and simple way to apply for admission.
Application forms may also be collected in person from the CBS offices on payment of Rs. 1,000/- by cash/demand draft. Application forms duly filled in, along with all necessary enclosures, are to be sent to:
Chennai Business School
No. 48 Tharamani Link Road,
Chennai 600 042
What are the documents that need to be sent with the application form?
- If you have downloaded an electronic copy of the form from the website/ submitted the Fast Track Online Application, a demand draft for Rs. 1,000/- made in favour of ‘Chennai Business School Ltd’, payable in Chennai.
- A photocopy of your degree certificate and mark sheets of all years of undergraduate study and +2 finals (those yet to sit for their final degree exams/ awaiting results, are required to furnish results as soon as they are available).
- Supporting documents for any extra-curricular achievements.
- Two copies of a recent passport-size photograph (one to be pasted on the application).
- Sponsorship letter from authorizing employer, if applicable.
- Results of any admission tests taken (GMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT/ATMA/CMAT).
Can I reapply?
Yes, you may reapply for any future offering.
May I send additional material after I have sent my application?
Yes, you may send them giving the date reference of your application.
What is the fee structure?
The fees for the following varsities is Rs 6,00,000 (inclusive of service tax):
- Marketing & Communication Management Program
- Human Resources Management Program
- Financial Management Program
The fee for the Information Technology Management Program for Working Professionals is Rs 4,75,000 (inclusive of service tax).
The fee for the International Business Management Program is Rs 6,00,000 plus USD 1500 equivalent to cover the cost of international travel and stay which would be incurred during the course of the 2 week internship in a foreign country.
The fee for the Weekend EPGPM is Rs 2,25,000 (inclusive of service tax).
All fees include the cost of all reading material.
Scholarships are offered to College and University toppers.
What kind of work experience is CBS looking for?
CBS encourages fresh graduates as well as working professionals to apply for the programs.
Personal qualities that CBS looks for:
- A keen interest to learn
- Motivation to perform in the chosen area of specialisation
- Analytical ability
- Aptitude, and
What is the selection criteria used for evaluating applications?
The following selection criteria are used for evaluating applications:
- Academic record – University rank holders will have fast track entry
- Leadership qualities as evidenced by achievements in
- Debates,quizzes and publication of articles
- Arts and other cultural activities
- Group discussion
- Personal interview
- Aptitude tests
Those with good scores in Management admission tests like GMAT / CAT / XAT / MAT / ATMA will have an advantage.
Details of the Grading System
Generally, students will be evaluated based on the following:
- Participation in class discussions/workshops etc.
- Assignment/Project reports and presentations
- Quizzes/Mid-term tests
- Final examination
What are the programs offered?
CBS Faculty Team consists of outstanding professionals both from academia and industry. Part of the program will be delivered by academic faculty while the specialized courses will be delivered by industry professionals. The faculty team is headed by the Dean, and is guided by Chairmen of Knowledge Varsities — HR, IT, ITES, Marketing Communications, Retail, Financial Management, International Business Management, Services Management and Banking and Financial Services; each person distinguished in his/her area of specialization.
For details on the faculty for each course, refer to the ‘Faculty’ tab on the relevant course page.
The city campus of CBS is located in Chennai on Velachery Taramani Road, south east of the city. It is just minutes away from the Madras University new campus, National Institute of Fashion Technology and Amercian International School. The campus is opposite to the Velachery Campus of Tata Consultancy Services. Campus facilities include:
- State-of-the-art classrooms with facilities for a learning ambiance
- A well-stocked library
- Wi-Fi environment
The main campus is planned to be set up in the knowledge corridor on the outskirts of Chennai.
How is CBS different from other Business Schools?
- CBS is promoted and run by captains from industry and one half of the courses
are taught by industry professionals. This will ensure that the curriculum is
industry-oriented and students will be ready for the real world jobs from the day they graduate.
- Since senior persons from industry are involved in teaching at CBS, placements
will almost be certain for students who perform well. In fact 50% of the first batch of CBS students were assured placements from industry on the very first day of the course.
- With specialization in selected verticals, CBS graduates can expect faster career growth in their chosen area of specialization. As the curriculum is tailored to meet industry requirements, CBS has not sought approval for its programs from AICTE.
Can my company sponsor me?
Do I require a laptop?
All candidates are required to have a laptop. The laptop should be Wi-Fi enabled with the following minimum specifications:
- Intel Centrino processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 40 GB HDD
- Windows 7 OS
- Microsoft Office pack (student edition)
As a policy, CBS recommends use of licensed software only.
CBS will help outstation students find suitable accommodation through a network of real estate agencies.
Do you have any quotas for NRIs and ST/SC/BC?
CBS does not have any quotas for NRIs and ST/SC/BC.
40 total views, 2 views today