Pursuant to the natural disaster, touched by the distress of the flood affected victims, our hearts beat that we should find a way to help them feel safe. This gave us an opportunity to serve the needy. More than 10 volunteers from Chennai Business School worked on the ground–
• Assisting rescue efforts in -Tambaram, Mudichur, Pallikaranai, Semanjeri, Saidapet, Pulianthope, Perambur, Sidco nagar, Cuddalore, Urapakkam, Thiruvatoor, Manali, Mathoor.
• Providing shelters in homes and at the Art of Living centres in Chennai.
• Distributing basic supplies (food, clothing, blankets, medical kits, candles, milk powder, etc)
• Organizing medical camps and trauma relief camps.
• Most of the relief materials were funded by the volunteers.
A summary of the relief materials provided by our student’s joined with other teams
• Candles-5000 nos
• Bed sheets- 5000 nos
• Biscuits- 10000 nos
• Mosquito Repellent- 3200 nos
• Bread packets – 1500 nos
• Food packets – 2500 nos
Facebook posts, Twitter hashtags such as #ChennaiRainsHelp, #ChennaiRescue and #ChennaiMicro #Chennaimeme #Kolapassi were used by people seeking help, and volunteers to offer food; shelter and transport. This reflects the utmost potential of the youth pushing it further to help the needy & destitute.
– Chennai Business School (Batch 2015-2016)
187 total views, no views today